Sweet 'n' Sour Raspberry Vinaigrette Recipe
when making this sweet dressing from Betty Miller of Angola, Indiana, figure on 2 tablespoons of dressing for each 1-cup serving of salad greens.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) seedless raspberry preserves
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Torn mixed salad greens
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the preserves and 3/4 cup sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender. Add the water, onion, vinegar, tarragon, curry powder, white pepper, pepper and remaining sugar; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Serve with salad greens. Yield: about 4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 120 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC