- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and reserved pineapple juice until blended; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and red pepper in 2 tablespoons oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry pork in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the carrots, onion mixture and reserved pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Stir-Fry
Sort By :
"Lovve this recipie. Changed directions a little. Stir fried pork first and kept warm. Holding veggies sometime makes them too soft."
"I made this tonight (served over white rice) and it was really good! Hubby and kids all liked it too. I doubled the recipe and added about 2 TBSP more brown sugar to make sure it was sweet enough for the kids...was very tasty! Next time I'm going to add mushrooms also."