Sweet 'N' Sour Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides in oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, molasses and orange peel until blended. Return meat to pan; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove chops and keep warm.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add orange segments; cook for 1 minute. Serve over pork and rice. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons sauce and 3/4 cup rice) equals 381 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fruit, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sweet 'N' Sour Pork Chops
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.