Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops
“The recipe for these moist, tender pork chops was given to me years ago by my best friend," recalls Gina Young from Lamar, Colorado. "It's become one of my family's favorites and we enjoy it often. Hope you do, too!”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated
- with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on
- each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the water, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire
- sauce to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5
- minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 198 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,