Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the water, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to skillet; stir to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Pork Chops(9)
Sort By :
This was excellent and I will absolutely be making it again. There are only two of us, so I (obviously) only used 2 pork chops. I kept the sauce ingredients the same though and prepared Arborio rice as I was out of wild rice. I served with steamed broccoli and a Rosso Coppola which is a blended wine. It was an excellent pairing. And to be able to bring in such an impressive meal in under thirty minutes (and economically as well!) puts this way up on the list of make-again! Thanks so much for submitting this!
This rated very well with me, my husband & my 6 year old daughter! I will be making this again!
The first time I made these my 7 yr old told me they were so good she almost passed out! It's now a regular recipe at our house.
This was healthy, quick and tasty. I will definitely be making this again.
I've made the recipe several times, it has become a family favorite of ours as well. Sometimes I thicken the sauce a bit, and we like to have extra sauce for the rice I serve with it. Just delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >