Sweet 'n' Sour Polish Sausage Recipe
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, onion, green pepper and celery in butter over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar and salt. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add juice to skillet; bring to a boil. Return sausage mixture to pan. Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in reserved pineapple; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Polish Sausage(1)
Sort By :
mt mom made it with polish kielbasa not polish sausage! but it still was awesome!!!
(because my mom made it and it's a good recipe!!!!!) i think the kielbasa is better than the sausage!$$:) YOU HAVE TO HAVE THIS RECIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :)