Sweet 'n' Sour Pockets Recipe
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 5 pita pocket breads (6 inches), halved
- 10 lettuce leaves
- 10 slices (1 ounce each) fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and mustard. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in pineapple. Fill each pita half with lettuce, ham, 2 tablespoons pineapple mixture, green pepper and onion. Yield: 5 servings.
2 each: 291 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 1166mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 16g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit