Sweet 'n' Sour Onions
Do you love onions and want to try something new? Try this easy recipe which is a great side dish for any meal.Penny Vanderhoff, Ellijay, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups water
- 2-2/3 cups green onions (white portion only)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onions; cover and
- boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place onions in ice water.
- Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the
- parsley, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 150 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.