Sweet 'n' Sour Onions Recipe
Do you love onions and want to try something new? Try this easy recipe which is a great side dish for any meal.—Penny Vanderhoff, Ellijay, Georgia
- 3 cups water
- 2-2/3 cups green onions (white portion only)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onions; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place onions in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the parsley, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 150 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Onions
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC