Do you love onions and want to try something new? Try this easy recipe which is a great side dish for any meal.—Penny Vanderhoff, Ellijay, Georgia
- 3 cups water
- 2-2/3 cups green onions (white portion only)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onions; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place onions in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the parsley, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Sour Onions in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p167
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review