Sweet 'n' Sour Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- MEAT LOAF:
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the first six meat loaf ingredients; add 2/3 cup of the reserved sauce. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well.
- 3. Pat into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Pour the remaining sauce over loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 loaves (5 servings each).
1 slice: 290 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 1088mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, trace fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Meat Loaf
"This is the only meatloaf that I and my children like! Very flavorful :)~"
"This is a quick and easy recipe. My husband doesn't like meatloaf with "sweet" tops. He said this was really good. It is a keeper and I will definitely make this again."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.