- 2 cups water
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- MEAT LOAF:
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- In a saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six meat loaf ingredients; add 2/3 cup of the reserved sauce. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Pour the remaining sauce over loaves. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 loaves (5 servings each).
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Meat Loaf
"This is the only meatloaf that I and my children like! Very flavorful :)~"
"This is a quick and easy recipe. My husband doesn't like meatloaf with "sweet" tops. He said this was really good. It is a keeper and I will definitely make this again."