Sweet 'n' Sour Halibut Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cubed green pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds halibut steaks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- Hot cooked linguine or rice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Add the green pepper; cook 5 minutes longer; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, 3 tablespoons water, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Add halibut; toss gently to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a broiler pan. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Set aside and keep warm.
- 4. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; stir into green pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to medium; add tomatoes and pineapple. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with halibut and linguine or rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 401 calories, 3g fat (trace saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 507mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (58g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Halibut
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.