Sweet 'n' Sour Curry Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the chicken, tomatoes, green pepper, onion, chutney and curry powder. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 314 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Curry Chicken
"i added 2 tsp. curry and thought it could use more than that. although brands do effect this flavor. I also added 1/2 c. chunk pineapple. This recipe is very flavorful! YUMMO! I will double it next time,as it makes a very little batch, good job!"
"I substituted shrimp in place of the chicken and put it over rice and it turned out fabulous. This recipe is definitely a keeper, although I might add a little more curry next time."
"I made this exactly according to the recipe. Great flavor, easy to make, leftovers going with me to work."
"Great taste, pretty simple to make :)"