Sweet 'n' Sour Chops Recipe
Since there's a lot of pork produced in the Midwest, I think this recipe represents our area well. My family likes to grill pork chops, and this is the recipe that they request most often. We love the sweet/sour tang of the marinade.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, butter and salt. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire and Liquid Smoke if desired. Gradually add to sugar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Pour soda into a large resealable plastic bag. Add 1/2 cup of the sauce; add the chops. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- 3. Discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over hot heat for 10-15 minutes per side or until juices run clear or the internal temperature reaches 160°. Heat reserved sauce and serve over chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC