Since there's a lot of pork produced in the Midwest, I think this recipe represents our area well. My family likes to grill pork chops, and this is the recipe that they request most often. We love the sweet/sour tang of the marinade.
Recommended: 42 Slow Cooker Recipes Prepped in 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, butter and salt. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire and Liquid Smoke if desired. Gradually add to sugar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour soda into a large resealable plastic bag. Add 1/2 cup of the sauce; add the chops. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over hot heat for 10-15 minutes per side or until juices run clear or the internal temperature reaches 160°. Heat reserved sauce and serve over chops. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Sour Chops in Country Extra September 1995, p49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2014
"These are simple and delicious !"