Sweet 'n' Sour Chops Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 cup lemon-lime soda
- 6 pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cornstarch, butter and salt. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire and Liquid Smoke if desired. Gradually add to sugar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour soda into a large resealable plastic bag. Add 1/2 cup of the sauce; add the chops. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce.
- Discard marinade. Grill chops, covered, over hot heat for 10-15 minutes per side or until juices run clear or the internal temperature reaches 160°. Heat reserved sauce and serve over chops. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Chops
Sort By :
These are simple and delicious !