Sweet 'N' Sour Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked brown rice
- 1. Place chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring the water, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce to a boil, stirring constantly. Add peppers; return to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into pepper mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-13 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 231 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 683 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Sweet 'N' Sour Chicken
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer