Sweet 'n' Sour Beans Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 large onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, combine the brown sugar, cider vinegar, garlic powder and mustard; bring to a boil. Stir in onions. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until onions are tender. Add the beans and bacon.
- 2. Pour into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (2/3 cup) equals 265 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sour Beans
"This recipe is not vegetarian. It's easy enough to make vegetarian though."
"bacon is not vegetarian"