Sweet 'n' Sour Appetizer Meatballs
Since a friend shared this recipe with me several years ago, I've fixed it many times. The tangy meatballs also make a great main dish served with potatoes.
16 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) apricot nectar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, oats and soup mix. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place 1 in. apart on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at
- 400° for 18-20 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain on paper
- In a large skillet, combine the apricot nectar, brown sugar, ketchup,
- vinegar, mustard and horseradish. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add meatballs; simmer 15 minutes