Sweet 'n' Snappy Chili Recipe
I created this dish by combining two different recipes plus some of my own ideas. Folks are pleasantly surprised to see this chili brimming with ground pork instead beef.
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, saute the celery, onion and green pepper until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add pork and remaining ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 320 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Snappy Chili
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2012
"Family really loved this one!!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC