- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a Dutch oven, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the celery, onion and green pepper until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add pork and remaining ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Snappy Chili in Country Pork 1996, p34
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Snappy Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2012
"Family really loved this one!!"