Sweet 'n' Savory Snack Treat Recipe
Serve this yummy Halloween mix in colorful snack cups, or see a creative way to serve snack mix on page 22. You can use different colored M&M's for other festive parties.—Betty Sitzman, Wray, Colorado
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups miniature cheese crackers
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereal, crackers and pumpkin seeds. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper sauce. Drizzle over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in M&M's. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 11 cups.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 194 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Savory Snack Treat
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC