Serve this yummy Halloween mix in colorful snack cups, or see a creative way to serve snack mix on page 22. You can use different colored M&M's for other festive parties.—Betty Sitzman, Wray, Colorado
Recommended: 55 Snacks for Your March Madness Party
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups miniature cheese crackers
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds, washed and dried
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- In a large bowl, combine the cereal, crackers and pumpkin seeds. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper sauce. Drizzle over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in M&M's. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 11 cups.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Savory Snack Treat in Taste of Home Halloween Party Favorites 2008, p198
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Savory Snack Treat
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review