Sweet 'n' Savory Peach Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, fry chicken in oil until browned on all sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, honey and parsley; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- 4. Uncover; add peaches. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and peaches are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 603 calories, 32 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 723 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 50 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.