Sweet 'n' Savory Peach Chicken Recipe
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, fry chicken in oil until browned on all sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, honey and parsley; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- 4. Uncover; add peaches. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and peaches are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 603 calories, 32g fat (8g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 50g protein
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Savory Peach Chicken
"This dish was neither sweet not savory. It was blah. I knew I was in trouble when I came to my kitchen and took in a whiff. I was not getting a pleasant smell. I was envisioning the sweetness from the peaches, honey and orange juice. What I smelled was vinegar and slight smell of chicken. The chicken was moist. I will give it that much. If it were me I would have put 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar in the sauce and made it more sweet and sour chicken. I will use the baking method with the juice but I will doctor up my own rather than follow this recipe."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.