- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 to 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, fry chicken in oil until browned on all sides. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, vinegar, honey and parsley; pour over chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; add peaches. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and peaches are heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Savory Peach Chicken
Sort By :
This dish was neither sweet not savory. It was blah. I knew I was in trouble when I came to my kitchen and took in a whiff. I was not getting a pleasant smell. I was envisioning the sweetness from the peaches, honey and orange juice. What I smelled was vinegar and slight smell of chicken. The chicken was moist. I will give it that much. If it were me I would have put 1/4 to 1/2 cup brown sugar in the sauce and made it more sweet and sour chicken. I will use the baking method with the juice but I will doctor up my own rather than follow this recipe.