“You can prepare this simple dinner on short notice and it’s tasty anytime,” writes Linda Eggers of Albany, California. This flavorful sandwich will hit the spot and fill you up!
- 2 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup ginger ale
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 French roll, split
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ginger ale, chili sauce, preserves and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place roll halves, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet; top with sausage mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Saucy Sausage Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p55
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Saucy Sausage Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review