Sweet 'n' Saucy Sausage Sandwiches Recipe
“You can prepare this simple dinner on short notice and it’s tasty anytime,” writes Linda Eggers of Albany, California. This flavorful sandwich will hit the spot and fill you up!
- 2 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup ginger ale
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 French roll, split
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ginger ale, chili sauce, preserves and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Place roll halves, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet; top with sausage mixture and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Saucy Sausage Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p55
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Saucy Sausage Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2012
Easy and tasty! A good mix of flavors and very filling! Got a thumbs-up from my husband!