Sweet 'n' Saucy Meatballs
I got the recipe for these meatballs from one of my husband's parishioners, and I have modified it over the years. I usually double it to accommodate our big family of eight.Kim Brandt, Lovell, Wyoming
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine egg and oats. Crumble beef over mixture and
- mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place in a lightly greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine water,
- ketchup and sugar; pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 40-50 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 334 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.