Sweet 'n' Sassy Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup chili sauce, divided
- 1 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar apricot preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons chili sauce. Stir in the bread crumbs, onion, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine apricot preserves and remaining chili sauce. Add meatballs and toss gently. Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until glazed, stirring every 3 minutes. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 meatball equals 42 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Sassy Meatballs
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.