Sweet 'n' Salty Popcorn Recipe
- 10 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1. Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; whisk in the pudding mix, corn syrup, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, for 45 seconds or until bubbly. Pour over popcorn; toss to coat. Spread in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 250° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring once. Remove popcorn from pans to waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 10 cups.
1 cup: 91 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Salty Popcorn
"I used a generous "dash" of coarse sea salt and thought this tasted really good. I almost didn't make it because of the previous review that said that it sticks to your teeth a lot. It does some, but not nearly as much as another popcorn recipe I have made from this site. Will definitely make again!"
"This was good but sticks to your teeth alot. I worry about the kids teeth with this snack."
"I found the taste rather bland. My DH, who normally loves recipes like this, was unimpressed."
"I was not impressed with this. The only thing I changed was to use french vanilla because it's what I had on hand. I can't imagine that made much of a difference. I don't think it has much flavor. On our way to a dessert picnic so I suppose I'll see how it goes with the crowd."
"I have made this several times now and absolutely love it! I wouldn't change a thing!"
"I have made this with both dark and light corn syrup. Dark corn syrup makes a browner, more caramel corn like treat."