Sweet 'n' Salty Popcorn Recipe
"This popcorn recipe is a family favorite on weekend movie nights, thanks to the classic salty and sweet flavor!" Hilary Kerr, Hawks, Michigan
- 10 cups air-popped popcorn
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1. Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt butter; whisk in the pudding mix, corn syrup, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, for 45 seconds or until bubbly. Pour over popcorn; toss to coat. Spread in two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Bake at 250° for 25-30 minutes or until crisp, stirring once. Remove popcorn from pans to waxed paper to cool. Break into clusters. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 10 cups.
1 cup equals 91 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC