Sweet 'n' Nutty Fried Chicken Recipe
- 2 cups Special K cereal
- 1 cup honey crunch wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a food processor, combine the cereal, wheat germ, soup mix and pepper; process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Dip chicken in butter, then coat generously with cereal mixture.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
14 ounce-weight: 825 calories, 50g fat (22g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 787mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 61g protein.
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Nutty Fried Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.