- 2 cups Special K cereal
- 1 cup honey crunch wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a food processor, combine the cereal, wheat germ, soup mix and pepper; process until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Dip chicken in butter, then coat generously with cereal mixture.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Nutty Fried Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p32
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Nutty Fried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review