Sweet 'n' Hot Mustard Dip Recipe
"With pretzels, this sweet and spicy mustard is a fun snack," remarks Rita Reifenstein of Evans City, Pennsylvania. "It also sparks the flavor of grilled chicken strips or sausages."
- 1-1/2 cups honey
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 2 containers (1-3/4 ounces each) ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pretzels, cooked chicken fingers or sausage slices
- In a blender, combine the first five ingredients; cover and process until blended.
- Pour into a saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until mixture thickens and reaches 160°. Pour into small jars. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Serve with pretzels, chicken fingers or sausage. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Sweet 'N' Hot Mustard Dip in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p41
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Hot Mustard Dip(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a hit! It is hot, but has great flavor. I used a 16 oz. jar of honey. I would use more honey and less mustard to take away some of the heat if that is your preference.
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2009
Way to hot. Too much mustard I think
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- July 4th Appetizers >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Appetizers >
- Labor Day Recipes >