- 3 cups Cocoa Puffs
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 1-1/2 cups pretzel twists
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a roasting pan, combine the cereals, pretzels and peanuts; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Boil slowly for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cream of tartar and baking soda. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture and stir gently to coat. Bake at 300° for 30 minutes, stirring once. Spread on foil to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 12 cups.
Originally published as Sweet 'n' Crunchy Snack Mix in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p82
Reviews for Sweet 'n' Crunchy Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review