I love sweet potatoes and scalloped potatoes, so I decided why not make scalloped sweet potatoes This is a great recipe to change up your holiday table.—Yvonne Starlin, Hermitage, Tennessee
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the cream, flour, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; pour over potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & White Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p25
Reviews for Sweet & White Scalloped Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review