- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 3 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Arrange potatoes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the cream, flour, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; pour over potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and the top is golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sweet & White Scalloped Potatoes
Sort By :
I made this last evening and subed 1/2 & 1/2 for heavy cream and rosemary for thyme but the color was not pretty and there was not much taste. Even my husband did not care for it so we will Not be making this again. I threw out the remaining potatoes.
Delicious! I will be making these again. As I don't care for thyme, I substituted parsley. Other than that, I followed the recipe as stated.
These potatoes are fabulous! I've made them at least 5 times already this winter. I substitute 2 1/2 cups of the heavy cream with half and half to cut some calories but leave a little cream to add the richness. I've also added some fresh shredded Parmesan cheese to the recipe on occasion. These have gone into our regular winter rotation. Thanks for an amazing recipe.