For family gatherings and potlucks I am usually expected to bring a salad as they're my specialty. The unusual combination of shredded cabbage, red apples, carrots and celery, make this recipe a conversation starter and crowd-pleaser. —Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
Recommended: 20 Recipes to Make with Fresh Citrus
- 7 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium red apples, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, apples, carrots, cranberries and celery seed.
- Place the vinegar, sugar, onion, salt and mustard in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Toss before serving. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Sweet & Tart Slaw in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p244
Reviews for Sweet & Tart Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review