Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Hamburger buns, split, optional
- 1. Mix first four ingredients. Place roast in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; top with preserves mixture. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 8-10 hours.
- 2. Remove pork from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. If desired, serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup pork mixture: 296 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork
"Unbelievable recipe!! Tasted so amazing, would highly recommend."
"I like what I see"
"Didn't have onions and it still turned out delicious. The meat was super tender, sweet and flavorful by itself. We topped sandwiches with a little BBQ sauce and they were excellent. I didn't measure, but did about half vegetable broth that was leftover in the fridge and half soy sauce then a spoonful of some mustard."
"I made this tonight for dinner and WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! It was easy enough to prepare, but it was so blah and had hardly any flavor. I thought we could eat it for two nights in a row, but my husband said he's not eating the leftovers. We won't be having this meal again!"
"I used a pork tenderloin and the meat had a nice flavor. This won't replace the BBQ pulled pork I usually make, but maybe for an occasional change of pace..."
"This pork was easy to make and turned out moist. It was pretty blah, didn't have any flavor and was definitely not sweet and tangy. Just tasted like plain pork. I will not be making this recipe again."
"Love this recipe!! So quick and easy!"
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.