Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- Hamburger buns, split, optional
- 1. Mix first four ingredients. Place roast in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker; top with preserves mixture. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 8-10 hours.
- 2. Remove pork from slow cooker. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks; return to slow cooker and heat through. If desired, serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup pork mixture: 296 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork
"Unbelievable recipe!! Tasted so amazing, would highly recommend."
"I like what I see"
"Didn't have onions and it still turned out delicious. The meat was super tender, sweet and flavorful by itself. We topped sandwiches with a little BBQ sauce and they were excellent. I didn't measure, but did about half vegetable broth that was leftover in the fridge and half soy sauce then a spoonful of some mustard."