Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork
The slow cooker makes these super sandwiches a snap to put together on a busy weeknight. You’d think I'd slaved over them all day! I like to serve them with a side of creamy coleslaw or corn on the cob.”Megan Klimkewicz, Kaiser, MissouriMEGAN’S TIP: You can substitute 1/4 cup chicken broth for the soy sauce.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Hamburger buns, split, optional
- Cut pork roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine
- the preserves, onion, soy sauce and mustard; pour over roast. Cover
- and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork
- with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on
- buns, if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup (calculated without buns) equals 296 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.