Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Hamburger buns, split, optional
- 1. Cut pork roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the preserves, onion, soy sauce and mustard; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns, if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup (calculated without buns) equals 296 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.