- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Hamburger buns, split, optional
- Cut pork roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the preserves, onion, soy sauce and mustard; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns, if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork
"Unbelievable recipe!! Tasted so amazing, would highly recommend."
"I like what I see"
"Didn't have onions and it still turned out delicious. The meat was super tender, sweet and flavorful by itself. We topped sandwiches with a little BBQ sauce and they were excellent. I didn't measure, but did about half vegetable broth that was leftover in the fridge and half soy sauce then a spoonful of some mustard."
"I made this tonight for dinner and WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! It was easy enough to prepare, but it was so blah and had hardly any flavor. I thought we could eat it for two nights in a row, but my husband said he's not eating the leftovers. We won't be having this meal again!"
"I used a pork tenderloin and the meat had a nice flavor. This won't replace the BBQ pulled pork I usually make, but maybe for an occasional change of pace..."