Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 jar (18 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Hamburger buns, split, optional
- Cut pork roast in half; place in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the preserves, onion, soy sauce and mustard; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns, if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Sweet & Tangy Pulled Pork(6)
Sort By :
I like what I see
Didn't have onions and it still turned out delicious. The meat was super tender, sweet and flavorful by itself. We topped sandwiches with a little BBQ sauce and they were excellent. I didn't measure, but did about half vegetable broth that was leftover in the fridge and half soy sauce then a spoonful of some mustard.
I made this tonight for dinner and WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! It was easy enough to prepare, but it was so blah and had hardly any flavor. I thought we could eat it for two nights in a row, but my husband said he's not eating the leftovers. We won't be having this meal again!
I used a pork tenderloin and the meat had a nice flavor. This won't replace the BBQ pulled pork I usually make, but maybe for an occasional change of pace...
This pork was easy to make and turned out moist. It was pretty blah, didn't have any flavor and was definitely not sweet and tangy. Just tasted like plain pork. I will not be making this recipe again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast >
- Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder >