Sweet & Spicy Salmon Fillets
Tender and moist, this baked salmon has a hit of heat, and mango salsa lends sweetness. Stir leftover salsa into chili, spread over meat loaf or spoon over reduced-fat cream cheese with crackers for an app! —SUSAN BORDERS, GALENA, OHIO
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup mango salsa
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place salmon on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan
- coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with garlic powder and cayenne.
- Spoon salsa over top.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 281 calories, 16 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.