Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 medium mango, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pineapple, covered, over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Grill jalapenos until tender, turning occasionally.
- 2. Let pineapple and peppers cool slightly; finely chop and transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Chill at least 2 hours. Before serving, allow salsa to come to room temperature. Yield: 2 cups.
1/4 cup: 83 calories, 4g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Pineapple Salsa
"Absolutely awesome!!!!!! I cut the jalepeno to one to be safe but will try it with two next time."