With a caramel-like coating, these crunchy peanuts have a touch of heat from the hot sauce. They make a tasty snack any time of day.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Place peanuts in a greased 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the sugars, water, butter, hot sauce and chili powder. Pour over peanuts. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 hours, stirring once.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Sweet & Spicy Peanuts in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p88
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Peanuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review