- 3 cups salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Place peanuts in a greased 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the sugars, water, butter, hot sauce and chili powder. Pour over peanuts. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 hours, stirring once.
- Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Peanuts
Sort By :
"I love this! Perhaps a bit too much as they're going to work with my husband. Maybe next time I will double the hot sauce (just my preference). This would be great for the holidays or any large gathering."
"Now this was a different way to use the slow cooker. It was a little gooey when I took it out, but after it cooled, it hardened. I liked the touch of spice with the sweet ingredients and wouldn't decrease the sugars."
"I followed advice from earlier reviews--reducing sugars, would add a little more hot sauce. I founds he results too sticky --definitely not finger food that way...then it hit me that treating it like caramel corn might take care of the stickiness. Yes! It worked: spread out on parchment paper on a cookie sheet, oven @ 275 F. For 30 mins, stirring once or twice. Very popular at my TGIF gathering!"
"I will make these again but I'll cut the sugar and increase the hot spices."
"Did not care for these, although the parchment paper suggestion worked very well. Made them for a superbowl party, but will probably just throw them away. :("