Sweet & Spicy Nuts Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash Louisiana-style hot sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the salt and spices; set aside. In a large heavy skillet, melt butter. Add walnuts and pecans; cook over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with spice mixture. Add the brown sugar, water, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Nuts
Sort By :
"Very easy to make and tasty!"
"I made this according to directions. I'm using it to add crunch to a large salad. Turned out perfect. I will make this again."
"I had prepared this recipe and I think it's great! that is how I rated this recipe when I prepared it-I had made changes in the recipe: I omitted the chipotle powder and substituted smoky seasoning. I used 6 cups of shelled walnuts, 1-1/2 cups pecan halves OR almonds & substituted 1/4 cup maple syrup for the brown sugar!I baked the nuts at 250o F. for 25 to 30 minutes in a large roasting pan. This recipe, when adjusted, made almost 3 quarts! This is a wonderful recipe to use as an appetizer and knowing me, I'll turn back to using this recipe! Dawn E. Lowenstein"
"The flavor is good, but not great. The butter and sugar make it more of a nutty caramel."
"These were delicious and super easy. I used a mix of nuts (almonds, walnuts, and pecans). The second time I made them I added a bit of cardamom, chili powder, and extra cayenne b/c we like things spicy. Excellent as-is, even better with the extra kick."