Sweet & Spicy Nuts Recipe
Hot and spicy with a hint of brown-sugar sweetness, these snacking nuts are simply sensational. You and your guests will not be able to stop munching! The quick-and-easy skillet recipe also makes a great stocking stuffer or last-minute holiday gift from the kitchen. —Patty Lok, Sherman Oaks, California
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salt and spices; set aside. In a large heavy skillet, melt butter. Add walnuts and pecans; cook over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle with spice mixture. Add the brown sugar, water, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 cups.
1/3 cup equals 321 calories, 30 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC