- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, halved widthwise
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning mix
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cheeses until blended. Spoon into pepper halves. Wrap a half-strip of bacon around each pepper half.
- Combine brown sugar and chili seasoning; coat peppers with sugar mixture. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until bacon is firm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno Poppers
"Everything is better with bacon and this is no exception. My family loves the sweet and spicy combo. This is a recipe that we enjoy making a lot."
"Yummy! Yum, yum, yum!"
"I fried the bacon and crumbled it into the cheese mix, and my family loved them"
"I had to bake mine longer than what the recipe stated to get the bacon crispy, about 30 mins total. Love the sweet/spicy bacon with the creamy cheese mixture."
"My family didn't like these. They were very bland."
"I just made these for my family yesterday and and everyone loved them. I doubled the recipe and made the first batch exactly as written and then added 1 tablespoon real bacon bits to the cheese mixture in the 2nd batch. It's so easy to put together for a great appetizer. I plan to take 3 dozen to a dinner Christmas Eve. Great recipe!"
"Quick, easy, & best of all....yummy!!!!"
"Excellent! . Everyone loved them. I cooked several without bacon for my vegetarian guest and he enjoyed them too."
"I place my stuffed without Bacon wrapped peppers on a cookie sheet, freeze solid and then place in freezer zip lock bag for future use within three months. To bake: thaw peppers 7-10 minutes, wrap with Bacon or thin sliced deli-meats and bake as directed on a broiler pan since the peppers sit perfect in grooves without tilting or oozing melted cheese."