Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, halved widthwise
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cheeses until blended. Spoon into pepper halves. Wrap a half-strip of bacon around each pepper half.
- Combine brown sugar and chili seasoning; coat peppers with sugar mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until bacon is firm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno Poppers(59)
Sort By :
These have a lot of potential but they weren't quite perfect. I thought "chili seasoning" meant the packets of seasoning mix, such as McCormick's- I wish I had used chili powder instead, I didn't think that the flavor of chili seasoning went very well with the brown sugar. I had a ton of brown sugar mixture left over so next time I'd make half the amount.
I also really agree with other user's comments about pre-cooking the bacon, and cooking the poppers on a rack in the pan.
These are amazing and easy to do but I would wear a mask and use gloves, and I found slightly cooking the bacon before wrapping made the appetizers even better
These were fantastic. The combination of sweet and spicy really made them great. Our guests wiped them out in no time.
We thought this was absolutely delicious. I well wear gloves and a mask the next time I double this recipe.
I normally don't like hot things but the picture looked so appitizing...Even had a left over one for breakfast these are great and I did precook the bacon
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Country Woman Appetizers >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Jalapeno Poppers >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >