Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
There’s no faster way to get a party started than with these bacon-wrapped poppers. Make them ahead and bake just before serving. Even the hot pepper intolerant will love them.—Dawn Onuffer, Crestview, Florida
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, halved widthwise
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning mix
- 1. Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cheeses until blended. Spoon into pepper halves. Wrap a half-strip of bacon around each pepper half.
- 2. Combine brown sugar and chili seasoning; coat peppers with sugar mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until bacon is firm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 66 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC