Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno Poppers
There’s no faster way to get a party started than with these bacon-wrapped poppers. Make them ahead and bake just before serving. Even the hot pepper intolerant will love them.Dawn Onuffer, Crestview, Florida
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 bacon strips, halved widthwise
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili seasoning
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and remove seeds; set aside. In a
- small bowl, beat cheeses until blended. Spoon into pepper halves.
- Wrap a half-strip of bacon around each pepper half.
- Combine brown sugar and chili seasoning; coat peppers with sugar
- mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until bacon is firm. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 66 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fat.