There’s a bit of magic going on here: A brown sugar, mustard, soy sauce and ginger glaze is baked atop salmon to create a sweet-tangy entree. If you want to reward the family with a little something special, this recipe definitely fits the bill. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine the brown sugar, mustard, soy sauce, paprika, ginger and oil in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until brown sugar is dissolved.
- Place salmon skin side down on a greased broiler pan. Sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Broil 6 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, brushing glaze over salmon during the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & Spicy Glazed Salmon in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p13
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Glazed Salmon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review