- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 naan flatbreads, warmed
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 package (5.3 ounces) fresh goat cheese
- Place cabbage in a small bowl. In another small bowl, combine the sesame seeds, lemon juice, mustard and oil; pour over cabbage and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chili sauce, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Serve on naan with cabbage mixture, cucumber, red pepper and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sweet & Spicy Fusion Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p69
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sweet & Spicy Fusion Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review